from winter into spring

weather wise, here in New York, we are still getting intermittent snow. the temperatures seem to be trending upward though, and its only a matter of time until steady sunshine breaks through.

thus, my life. over the past month~, I have moved away from many phases/activities that I once took part in. Hip-Hop Dancing, is now over with. I still have some groove left over, and it was a worth (ye tcostly!) ~5 grand spent. Toastmasters, now done. I suppose I became fed up with the woman co-founder there, and found her to be quite annoying, (as I do with most women who try to lead) although that isn't it, speaking completely. my time there is just up.

last but not least to transition, should be my position here at Tommy. the time has flown by, hard to believe I've been here for 16 months already. its been OK, but I knew awhile back that I wouldn't be staying. I have to press on toward greater heights, and once I heard from my manager that raises would be paltry this year, I knew it was simply a matter of time. I spoke with him and strangely enough, he seems cool with it and wants me to push on. I expected nearly the opposite, but he is perhaps detached in a positive sense. will keep my eyes open there.

health-wise, I've been making strides. my jaw is still healing and adjusting from the wisdom teeth I had pulled a few weeks ago. tip for the wise: use drugs. the first night I went without them, in some attempt to be natural, and I was in agony. what I'm really excited about in terms of health though, has been my work on my mental in terms of food choices and food portions over the past ~45 days. I've been able to greatly reduce my daily consumption, to the point where my current weight now has been holding stable. this has been the hardest thing in my life for me to control, and I am still working on it, but the strides I've made over that time have been incredible: I actually eat fruits/vegetables on a daily basis now. I know that overcoming a lifetime of bad eating habits takes time, and attention [which might be the more important factor of the two] and I've been doing that. soon, I will reach my goal.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2025 Retrospective

farewell to supreme.

2022 Retrospective