Charleston

from Oct to Nov 15th...much of this time was spent idling, pacing and preparing for the upcoming move. the preparation made the move simple. shipping my things was easy thanks to Amtrak Express, and cost effective as well. landed my first apartment, then off I went. 4 years in New York down...
coming to Charleston, was not much of a culture shock.as I grew up in Syracuse & this seems to be a more upscale, classy version of that city. similar population. the layout requires use of a ca,r, which I don't have at present. anyway, I'm glad to be out of New York. I'll be sure to visit in the summer, maybe buy a pad for that purpose. there's too much action there not to.

my arrival day was interesting. the man who helped with transporting my belongings to the apartment is mixed, as I am, only his father was black with my own white. he immediately asked me if I was mixed upon meeting. guess we can sense each other on some level, but to that point I'd never had that happen in such a direct fashion. very cool.

currently, I'm working on shifting things around with my physique & my vision. I've hired a personal trainer, and work with them 2x a week, early morning the circle back after work for another workout. it'll be 2 a days until I drop this fat.

what's next? I'm at a crossroads. well, on the less deep side, I'm aiming to clean up my credit and stack up a pile of cash. XMas is coming soon, and I'm almost done buying gifts. the nieces got a bunch of board games, a magic set, and I gave Gloria two bottles of Spanish wine. she felt almost as a mother to me, one with actual warmth, but more on that later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2025 Retrospective

farewell to supreme.

2022 Retrospective