an instructional from the universe.
I had an interesting encounter today at the gas station. while wearing my Irish NYC t-shirt, similar to this:
A patron entered behind me, and immediately noted how "you don't look Irish". I took the comment at face value, to mean that I have some African resemblance, presumably being black or at the least, not "pure" Irish so I said "half-way". I asked if he had ever been to Ireland, he said no. I then told him that not all Irish looked the same. he then said, to himself: "well, I'm American" and that was the end of it.
I began to wonder what in my environment or mindset had shifted to put forward this negative movement. I then realized after some reflection, my thoughts have shifted toward blacks in general. I am starting to believe they have high potential, maybe the highest of all 'races', but haven't been living up to that in America, to say the least. I thought about how long it would take them to reform their current negative life practices. It'd be a long time I say.
This encounter, the first of its kind in my experience, was opposition from the universe, letting me know that if I do not remain on the fence with mixed feelings (being mixed), or really not giving thought to these issues at all, as is my wont, then these kinds of people will be against. either I'm with them, or against them.
These new feelings partly reside from supreme's teaching [indoctrination?] I suppose. but still, I'm half-black and this fact is unavoidable. I would like blacks to do better in general, but to dedicate a few decades to it? It would take a long time to enact change in blacks' embedded mindset of inefficiency, and penury.
I suppose the question will become: where do I stand? and were I to enact this work, what do I get out of it?
Comments
Post a Comment