fasting and weight loss
I neglected to write this post in the moment while fasting and I regret that, thus this post.
on July 4th weekend, from the 2nd to the 4th, I fasted for approximately 3 days and dropped about 7.2 lbs (from 276 to 268.8). that was barely a week and a half ago, but my metabolism in general seems to be speeding up, I'm around 270-273 these days, a far cry from my all-time high of 281. my weight shot up to 275 afterward but seems to be evening out around 271ish.
this was the longest I've done a fast since 2009 I think, and this was only done because I was lacking in energy generally and my weight was skyrocketing while yo-yoing all over the place.
another thing-I was just thinking today of a book I'm reading, The Fast Diet by Michael Mosley,
and it speaks of research detailing that people who dieted every day for 3 months lost 8-10 less lbs than those who ate regularly 5 days a week and cut their calories down to 500-600 on the weekends. its really interesting stuff, basically proving the assertion that our bodies are built on sort of a feast/famine cycle [which I already knew, but forgot].
as it were I'll be taking a 10 day trip to Texas to conduct a longer fast, so I'm looking forward to that. it'll be my first time out of SC in some months, and I'm looking forward.
on July 4th weekend, from the 2nd to the 4th, I fasted for approximately 3 days and dropped about 7.2 lbs (from 276 to 268.8). that was barely a week and a half ago, but my metabolism in general seems to be speeding up, I'm around 270-273 these days, a far cry from my all-time high of 281. my weight shot up to 275 afterward but seems to be evening out around 271ish.
this was the longest I've done a fast since 2009 I think, and this was only done because I was lacking in energy generally and my weight was skyrocketing while yo-yoing all over the place.
another thing-I was just thinking today of a book I'm reading, The Fast Diet by Michael Mosley,
as it were I'll be taking a 10 day trip to Texas to conduct a longer fast, so I'm looking forward to that. it'll be my first time out of SC in some months, and I'm looking forward.
Comments
Post a Comment