The day I almost lost my vision

This day, July the 12th, I almost lost my vision, and it was because of lack of vision that it occurred at all. Usually, part of my morning routine involves putting my contacts in, so I can see. This morning, immediately upon doing so, I was greeting with a burning pain, much like the sensation of a fire-hot blowtorch being pressed against my eye. My eye shut quickly and it was some time before I could get it open and remove the offending contact. It turns out that the solution I used, which was new, nearly cause me to lose my vision. I still went to work this day, though I left a few hours early after the pain and irritation became too much. At some points, over this day and the next, I feared I would lose my vision, particularly when my eye began to shut of its own accord, and not from drowsiness.

Other than that I've had a very interesting few weeks since then. Been interviewing for a new position, at a very good firm, and we're upgrading my chosen solution at my current place of employment. That means I get to use the latest and greatest. I partially desire to stay here but now am forced to think of the bigger picture. It seems there could a sense surrounding my solution around the industry that what I do is part of the "old-guard", and is a dinosaur technology? That sucks. I was just catching my stride. In any event I believe its days are numbered, to a few thousand remaining at most.

Prior to this I was in Vegas in early June, had a ton of fun exploring Fremont street and just learning more about Vegas in general. There was a lot of weird stuff on the streets, like the guy who crawled into a box and shut the door on himself. I still rank it as the most fun city I've been to. I ate very well too. It was on this visit that I managed to see David Copperfield! He was the man and did some great magic. What a showman. I also saw a Cirque du Soleil show, Michael Jackson One although I felt they could've improved it in some places, particularly in the area of piecing together an overarching narrative. I also visited Shaq's Big Chicken restaurant, the Atomic History museum, Erotic Heritage Museum [really a history of sex museum] and the Ethel M chocolates factory, which had delicious chocolates.

I'm writing this on August 1st, and I feel good. I talked with the Doc yesterday, after some initial misunderstandings that were straightened out, he agreed to see me multiple times per week whenever I am ready. In work, I am getting ready to upgrade the platform that I work with most, and that excites me.  After this, who knows but currently I feel good. Taking a few days off from the gym and I'm just gonna play video games. I facetimed with my sister, seeing her for the first time in a few years. Today is her birthday and she is 31. I have gotten much fatter from her perspective, but I've lost weight in the last 11 months so its all relative. She has also gained, but thats what the outcome of living in America becomes I suppose, unless actively combated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2025 Retrospective

farewell to supreme.

2022 Retrospective