The Game of Cricket

A co-worker told me about the game of cricket the other day and I found it to be quite interesting.

The game is played with a ball, bat, pitcher and hitter. The pitcher throws, and if the batter hits he scores points, the amount of which depending on the type of hit. Six points are for balls that fly past a certain line without touching the ground, and four points if the hit ball touches the ground and crosses the line. To score you have to run past a line of gravel or sand of sorts and brush past what are called "wickets". I found the game to be interesting. Its a British creation and British export, therefore Australia, the West Indies, India and a few other countries play it both amateur-wise and professionally.

Other than these sporting exploits, things have been steady on my end. Currently I'm saving up as much cash as I can, for the trip back to NYC to convalesce. Glad the holidays are over, now I can put more money away. I'm thinking late spring is when I'll do this. Fasted for the first time this year yesterday, it was tough at a few instances, but thank goodness for books and TV. These helped to keep my focus and mind off of food and sating my hunger. And I bought a lot of food too, yet still resisted the urge to gorge. That's called strength.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2025 Retrospective

farewell to supreme.

2022 Retrospective