Summer Update
Its been too long since I've updated, I really should be more on top of this. I'll attempt to post quarterly going forward, at least when the seasons shift, at minimum.
On to the updates:
The biggest event this year is probably myself starting a new job. I'm working two jobs at once, one for a govt agency and another for a big, well-known international bank. The bank job is the newer, been at it for a few weeks now. Its been eye-opening seeing how others use the technology I specialize in, and the opportunity to learn and experience new tools is exciting. Its been fun so far, being around real pros there. A few long nights, but nothing I can't handle, and that's to be expected given the nature of what I do, at least occasionally.
Travel wise, I haven't been to too many places this year: just NYC for a month, in May, for treatment. Had to return because I didn't have enough $$$. Then, two weeks ago, I traveled to Denver, stayed the weekend, and had a great time. Tried ostrich meat there, and my chica had wild boar, which was good, similar to sausage. It was at a place called Biker Jim's. I went there for the famed rattlesnake meat but they sold out. In Denver I went to a few other places. The Aquarium was cool, saw live sharks for the first time, and they even let people go scuba diving in those tanks alongside them, accompanied of course. I went mini golfing for the first time, which was fun. I had a great time with the different challenges they had set up there. Then there was a night out at the Punch Bowl Social, an arcade/bar/hang-out style place, huge venue, which had excellent wings, and cheap (but tasty!) combo fruit-punch/vodka drinks. We also went tequila tasting at an event elsewhere. There were a lot of good new brands there.
| Shark in shark tank, Denver Aquarium. |
I'll be leaving for NYC again in a few weeks, and I am really focusing on the possibility that I can achieve my goal this time, after tens of thousands of dollars spent trying to attain it. What that goal is, I have mentioned before and will do so again once I have it. It tantalizes me. It was the impetus for my taking a second job in the first place, and for the first time, I feel I can get ahead of my goals, and take them on an equal level, or surpass them. This pandemic has been hell for a lot of people, in many different ways, but for me, its been a giant opportunity. If one can keep one's mind clear in the face of constant chronic stress, panic, and fear, the gains to reap can be massive.
Weight-wise, I'm down approximately ~20lbs in the past 2 1/2 months I'd say, not sure since I don't weigh fanatically myself everyday like I once did, just once a month now. That's almost all of my pandemic weight, or really NYC in fall weight from last year. I've been applying the keto principles and they work very well. My key is eating high amounts of fat, particularly on workout days. Bacon helps greatly to that extent, in cutting down on the strong sugar cravings which usually resulted from heavy workouts. Until the fall, I hope to be posting here as a healed man!
Comments
Post a Comment