The wonders of dry fasting

I tried this for one day, on Sep 3rd, and wow, the day after. I woke up feeling as if I'd touched the power cosmic!

Since then I've been doing a bit of research on it, and from what I understand, there are a few things to note:

  1. It's much more advantageous than water fasting (which some refer to as wet fasting, didn't know that), up to 3x in fact
  2. It must be conducted carefully, because it actually is closer to starvation than water fasting could ever be
  3. It is fantastic at healing and restoring health

Apparently in the 1950s and beyond, Russian doctors really got into it, as the Soviet govt was funding it (primarily as a means of prevention, to keep medical costs down), and as many as 82 doctoral thesis were defended on it from then until 1990. Amazing. 

Further back than that though, some Russian doctors have a storied history of fasting, from the early-mid 1800s or so. There are some books I want to buy, particularly from the Russian doctor: Dr. Sergei Filonov, who appears to be the prime expert on the subject around the world, currently. But word is starting to spread. The Italians picked up his info much more quickly than us.

Man, how much has changed from when I first started fasting 20 years ago. I was looking for a method to restore my eyesight, and stumbled upon it. All of the books I was reading back then were based from the early 1900s or even earlier. Upton Sinclair, Dr. Herbert Shelton, Paul Bragg (more recent), and others. But lately it has exploded in popularity, to the point where many doctors are pushing it on places like YouTube, TikTok, and other social media, and focusing on it as a prime means of prevention and also healing. The difference with most of them though, most are focused on intermittent fasting (which is really just scheduled or time restricted eating), and some do delve into water fasting. Far less, however, go into detail on dry fasting, which is basically no food or water for a certain amount of time. From what I'm reading, it's not smart to go more than 3-4 days without medical supervision, so I will follow those guidelines. I don't feel that way with water fasting, but I'm a veteran at that anyway. Dry fasting is something that could put you in an early grave if practiced wrong, so I'm willing to inform a versed medical professional on my progress on it.

Another two things I've incorporated into my practice: soups and electrolytes. Fasting drains a lot of electrolytes, especially in the humid or hot summers where I live and travel, especially how I do it, which is with light exercising (35-45 minutes of walking). So I have to replenish, and I'm incorporating ingesting electrolytes prior and the day of for water fasting, and prior for dry fasting. Soups are how I will start easing myself into the fast, and breaking myself out of it as well. I believe I have a solid gameplan, so let's go! Out of 26 days of water fasting in July-August, I lost about 26 pounds, which is very good. ChatGPT said something like obese people have the potential to drop 1-2 lbs daily on water fasting.

So, that's my synopsis. There's more to learn about dry fasting, and I will likely post some of my notes on a future post. This whole subject is exciting. The way to stay alive, and thrive is to keep learning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2025 Retrospective

farewell to supreme.

2022 Retrospective