The Dance Conservatory


Tonight I attended the hip hop dance conservatory. 

Two philosophical takeaways:  
  • Dance is like speech, has its own phrases. Putting it like that helps tremendously because I'm a public speaker. Just memorize the phrases, and put it into action. 
  • Don't let others, or challenges, intimidate. Step to the music just like I'd step to a person in a fight. 

Then he gave science to illustrate how the process of improvement works, mentioning mirror neurons and so on! Awesome. Very mental, and physical too. 

Technique wise, doing the breaking was extremely fun. I learned how to switch hands. Never thought I'd be doing that. 

I really like the military style employed during some sections and personalized attention that was given. It was good, and I definitely got better. Maybe I will do it 5-6 nights a week. I'd certainly get even better, and it'd be much quicker too. 

Two questions/areas for wonderment: 
  • The people there, I can't detect their energy signature. The only others that I've encountered who were similar were maybe the scientologists. Their aura seems almost colorless. 
  • My body started tightening at certain points, culminating in abdominal cramps. Have to loosen up! Lot of superficial anger I'm guessing 

After all of that (3 hours worth!), I feel extremely clear. It was a lot of fun, very surprising. Truly I couldn't have designed a class any better than what I attended tonight. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2025 Retrospective

farewell to supreme.

2022 Retrospective