5/2 note
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v= rkY_zTKzPCY&feature=related
I discovered what had been bothering me about money, for so long. I did not want to become slave to it. On some level I recognized that nearly all people are captive, rich as well as poor. But to someone like me, who loves freedom, it was too much to bear. So I turned a blind eye to it, as long as I could.
Somewhere along the line it seems I confused freedom from finances with financial freedom. Or perhaps I knew all along & did not care to make the correction, which is worse. I saw how it dominated my mother, with her primitive, conniving mind. I desired not to end up like that.
All of this made me seek out jazz again, specifically: John Coltrane. His music is testimony...testimony to our condition.
I discovered what had been bothering me about money, for so long. I did not want to become slave to it. On some level I recognized that nearly all people are captive, rich as well as poor. But to someone like me, who loves freedom, it was too much to bear. So I turned a blind eye to it, as long as I could.
Somewhere along the line it seems I confused freedom from finances with financial freedom. Or perhaps I knew all along & did not care to make the correction, which is worse. I saw how it dominated my mother, with her primitive, conniving mind. I desired not to end up like that.
All of this made me seek out jazz again, specifically: John Coltrane. His music is testimony...testimony to our condition.
Comments
Post a Comment