Therapy 12-17
Focus on the work, he says. This is the gist, the core of what was being imparted. At work, I made a gesture when being told to put my name on the ticket, and had to have a conversation with the lead. So, this was insubordination apparently, especially if done in front of others. Basically I always have to do what is told, what the boss says. If I don't like it, feel free to find another job. So I will. I understand now. All that occurs on the job to be taken in context, of being on the job. I just dislike the probing that occurs, the false personal stuff. These people do not give a real damn about me, they aren't friends, therefore they do not need to know anything about me on a personal level. That's not relevant here. Okay, fine then. If its about the job, lets keep it about the job. The work. It is just a job I'm afraid. If I must be present, let me get the most bang for my "buck" [time]. Let me not go out with the crew then, when I can escape it. When it concerns on job events, partly I am overreacting, because I've had it decently enough. An important truism to keep in mind, would be that when something which hits me the wrong way comes up, a good thing to remember is if the problem is mainly concerning how the situation or event made me feel, then that's not relevant to the work. Everything is related to the objective, and nothing [to a point] is to be taken personal. The wall is clearer now, the professional wall.
If I had no skill I'd be fired. Well its a damned good thing I have some skill then. That puts this worry or gripe, to rest.
Another aspect here regards authority. I do not want to listen, not all the time, and I want to do things how I want them done. But this is not possible at present. This is one of my true desires, that being the day where I don't have to take anymore orders every single day, and I can travel and be on my way.
I take your point Doctor. It is and should be, about the work. Mental pleasure only.
Comments
Post a Comment